405 D-AD Series "Dual Purpose"
REMOVES PARTICULATES, DETECTS AND REACTS TO PHASE SEPARATION IN ETHANOL BLENDED FUELS, AND SENSES WATER IN NEAT GASOLINE.
- PetroClear® model 40510D-AD is a water sensing and phase separation detecting spin-on filter designed to remove particulate from neat gasoline or Ethanol blended gasoline.
- PetroClear® model 40510D-AD is a particulate removing, phase separation and water sensing spin-on filter. This filter is designed to sense water, both free and emulsified, and slow flow as an indicator of the presence of water in neat gasoline. This filter is also designed to detect and react to phase separation. Slow flow is an indicator of the presence of phase separation in Ethanol blended gasoline.
- PetroClear® model 40510D-AD filter offers efficient 10 micron (nominal) particulate removal, and senses both free and emulsified water in neat gasoline and detects and reacts to phase separation should it occur, significantly reducing the flow.
- Textured paint coating helps ensure a simple, mess-free installation and removal process.
- UL® recognized
- This patented dual filter from Champion Laboratories, Inc. protects during the transition from neat gasoline to ethanol blends without changing filters.
- The PetroClear® model 40510D-AD utilizes a 10 micron (nominal) cellulose media to remove particulate from gasolines plus water sensing in neat gasoline and phase separation detecting capabilities for Ethanol blended gasoline. Removes particulate 10 microns (nominal) or larger. It utilizes a super absorbent media for sensing water in neat gasoline and a chemical core assembly to detect and react to phase separation in Ethanol blended fuel.
- Once PetroClear® model 40510D-AD has absorbed 5.9 ounces (175 mil) of water from neat gasoline, flow will be noticeably slow.
- The chemical center core assembly detects and reacts to phase separation and significantly restricts flow through the filter.
- The maximum flow rate for PetroClear® model 40510D-AD is 25 gpm (94.6 lpm). Maximum operating pressure is 50 psid (3.4 bar). Collapse pressure is 150 psid (10.3 bar). Maximum operating temperature is 250°F (139°C).
- PetroClear® model 40510D-AD “Dual Purpose” high-flow filters utilize a standard 1.5" – 16 UNF mounting thread ref. (1" flow) required for most spin-on filter adapters used in aftermarket and/or today’s high-flow fuel applications such as in Gilbarco, Wayne, Bennet, Tokheim and other major manufacturers’ dispensers.
- Adapters are available for model 40510D-AD in aluminum. Inlet/outlet sizes are available in 3/4" and 1" NPT or BSP inlet/outlet threads.
|Media Type||*Cellulose with Super Absorbent Media and Chemical Core|
|Micron Rating||10 Micron (nominal)|
|Mounting Thread||1.5" – 16 UNF|
|Flow Rate||25 gpm (94.6 lpm)|
|Gasket Material||Buna N|
|Collapse (Min.)||150 psid (10.3 bar)|
|Burst (Min.)||500 psi (34.5 bar)|
|Max. Operating Temp.||250°F (139°C)|
|Min. Operating Temp.||-20°F (-28.9°C)|
*Particulate Removing and Chemical Core Detects Phase Separation
|0.75 N1.5-16AD||3/4" NPT Inlet/Outlet Ports, 1.5" – 16 UNF (aluminum)|
|1.00 N1.5-16AD||1" NPT Inlet/Outlet, 1.5" – 16 UNF (aluminum)|
|0.75 B1.5-16ADA||3/4" BSP Ports, 1"-16 UNF (aluminum)|
|1.00 B1.5-16ADA||1" BSP Ports, 1"-16 UNF (aluminum)|
If you experience frequent filter changes, it is recommended that you have fuel samples analyzed to determine the source of contamination, such as water, dirt, rust, bacteria, phase separation, etc.